Sushi menu similarity analysis, Ice Cream Cone Duels, and ‘Will it Jam’
10 ideas a day for October 2017
I came up with 60 ideas in October 2017 as part of my drive to come up with 10 ideas a day. Here are some of the best ones:
- Personal health dashboard. How are you feeling? Injuries? Sickness? Track so you can improve.
- How much does it cost — A website where you get the price of everything. How much does it cost to build a castle? How much does it cost to build a house? How much does it cost to build a castle? Could allow people to put in info and submit items,
- Analyze all sushi menus and find similarity. Is the Vegas roll the same everywhere? Also do icons stacked to show the ingredients.
- Make a timeline and site to track which songs are considered part of the Christmas Canon.
- Will it Jam? Make fruit jam out of tons of different types of fruits. Star fruit. Mango jam.
6. Make a map of how to hike all the peaks you can see from BYU.
7. Split the garden. Old peoples yards and gardening experience. Young people volunteer to do the work and get to split the harvest.
8. Evil helper — you fail in a goal we take your money.
9. Fancy bottles that you can fill with smoothie to feel cool like the juicers but not cost $$$.
10. IWantApplePay.com — lists out a bunch of stores, if they don’t have Apple pay, let’s you click a button to request it. Links with Twitter so you can Tweet at the store directly with a link back for the store. If the store logs, they can see how many people have requested it.
11. Create a free royalty free music channel with songs anyone can use on their videos. Update — I did this! It is real. Music Library
12. Write a history of downtown Provo.
13. A list of videos of simple origami projects to impress your family.
15. Jupiter robe — Like the gravity blanket, a weighted robe.
16. Ice Cream Cone duel. Each person gets 1 cone. They try to hit the other person with their cone, while avoid getting hit.
17. Online classes should have a button for ‘I’m confused’ that marks the timestamp that allows people to ask questions which are linked to the video.