Saw a post on FB. It is a classic like collection scheme. The page offers a scam offer, people like and follow the page to try to ‘win’, then the page or attention is changed and sold.
How do we know it is a scam?
- Too good to be true. Every single person? No cap on the amount this would cost Costco if it was real. This is why companies give away a few prizes to a few winners.
- No official mention from Costco’s real page or blog or social media.
- Typo in the text. CEO is Jelinek not Jelinekand they missed a space.
- Error in the content. Costco was found 37 years ago not 35.
- Page was created less than a month ago and the name was changed.
If you look at page transparency you can see this.